HPC Procurement Subsidy Scheme – FAQs
1. When will the HPC Procurement Subsidy Scheme come into effect?
The HPC Procurement Subsidy Scheme comes into effect on 1st January 2019.
2. Who is eligible?
Patients who are Singaporeans or Permanent Residents seeking treatment in Singapore are eligible for this subsidy scheme.
3. How to apply for it?
Please approach your medical team for assistance. Your medical team will send your application to BMDP on your behalf.
4. What if I am not eligible?
If you are a Singaporean or Permanent Resident, you will be automatically be eligible for this subsidy scheme. Foreigners may approach their Medical Social Worker for alternative options.
5. May I appeal if I am not eligible?
The HPC Procurement Subsidy Scheme was developed to help local patients (Singaporeans and Permanent Resident) who are seeking treatment in Singapore. Therefore, the Scheme was designed in accordance to the ward classes which patients are staying. An appeal will only be valid through requests from your Medical Social Worker, it will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
6. I am a Singaporean / Permanent Resident seeking treatment in a Private Hospital, am I entitled to the HPC Procurement Subsidy Scheme?
You will only be eligible for Tier 1 HPC Procurement Subsidy.
7. How long does it take to know the outcome of my application?
For applications relating to Tier 1 and Tier 2 HPC Procurement Subsidies, you will be informed of the outcome within 3 working days. For Tier 3 – Supplementary HPC Procurement Subsidy, it may take a bit longer as you will need to approach the Medical Social Worker, who will assess your financial status before putting up a recommendation to the BMDP.
8. Who is funding the HPC Procurement Subsidy Scheme?
The funding comes from the financial donations from members of the public and BMDP’s corporate partners.
9. Can the difference in cost be covered by Medisave?
Answer: Unfortunately, this option is unavailable at the moment. You may consult your hospital for more information about Medisave coverage.